Monday 21 November 2011

Results

My phone rarely rings in the morning, however, today it did. It was my doctor. With my bone scan results. She started with the good news, my hips are fine. Yay! However, my spine isn’t. It shows signs of osteoporosis. Now, the normal treatment is a daily calcium and vitamin D tablet and a weekly bone tablet but she isn’t keen for me to embark on a lifetime of daily medication at my age. So, she plans on going back to the rheumatologist to ask their advice as to whether I could try the treatment for a few years and then repeat the scan in, say, 5 years time or whether we just accept the fact I have early onset osteoporosis. I have to contact my doctor again in a month and see what the prognosis is.

I am not sure how I feel about all this really, to be honest, I am not surprised but it does give me even more reason to fight and beat my demons so as to prevent any further health problems associated with eating disorders.

No comments:

Post a Comment