Monday 16 January 2012

A long overdue update

Happy New Year! Or is it?!

So, I know since therapy started I haven’t been keeping up with this blog and it isn’t necessarily because I haven’t needed to it is more because I am trying to focus my energy into one thing at a time. However, seeing as work is very quiet today I thought I would take the opportunity to come on here and give a rundown. Might help get my head straight as it is a bit all over the place at the moment.

I survived the festive period. It was very up and down which I guess is to be expected. I was starting to make good progress with the therapy sessions and implementing changes which I was sticking to….until Christmas came along and a 3 week break from the hospital. It couldn’t have come at a worse time to be honest. I was doing quite well but not well enough to be able to cope with Christmas. Don’t get me wrong, I loved seeing everyone but all the food freaked me out and all got a bit much. I just hope I didn’t ruin it for others. I had planned to cook on Christmas Day as we were hosting but when it came down to it I got too stressed and couldn’t handle it so my brother’s fiancée had to take over. I felt awful but she was such a star, I just hope she doesn’t think less of me now especially as I haven’t heard from either of them since they went home on Boxing Day…we did have a good day but dealing with the over-indulgence the following day was tough. We headed up to Edinburgh for a few days on 27th and it was SO good to get away but obviously after a day the food issues followed me and when we got home I had a bit of a meltdown. When I needed a therapy session most I still had to wait.

So, I geared up for New Year, you know the usual, new year new me and all that crap. Get 2011 out of the way and I will be much better. Hmmmm. Or not. I rested quite a lot on going back to work and a routine but then when it happened it didn’t make a difference which only made me feel worse. Already the start of the year was spoilt and it looked certain of getting worse and worse all over again. However, the next therapy session (6th one, halfway through. Eeek!) came along and pulled me out of the whole I was digging at a rapid rate. The following week I had a great week, fresh motivation and 6 ‘good’ days. Amazing! The best week since therapy began. So, I am hoping to now build on this although feeling a bit wobbly today and worried one good week will be followed by one bad one to balance it out....

Onwards and upwards, focus on the positives and keep fighting. That is going to be my motto for this year. Let’s hope it works!

No comments:

Post a Comment